Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Make Money Online Diary: In the Beginning

Hello, and thanks for following along. I started this Blog as a way for me to track my daily activities as I try to grow my two blogs. This way you can follow along and I will be able to go back and review my posts and track what is and is not working. This would probably be a good time to point out that I have taken completely different strategies in promoting each blog.
Today I want to talk about http://bertsboxofficeblog.com/ . For this site, I have worked on what I later to be found out to be called 'social marketing'. I scraped together about 150 e-mail addresses between my saved e-mail addresses and my sisters. I sent out an e-mail to all of them explaining my new business venture and inviting them to visit the site. Probably half of those people went to the site and some of them have become fans and visit on a regular basis.
Next, I had all of my kids write a little blurb on their Facebook and Myspace pages promoting the site and including a link from their home pages. Right now, Facebook is first followed by Myspace as far as visits for 'Links from external page'. I also talk to everybody that I come into contact with and include a link in my signature to the site in all new e-mail correspondence.
I have not done ANY social marketing for http://backwardfuture.com/ . Currently, the box office blog is bringing roughly 10% more visits than my other site.. My next post will go over the non social marketing things that I have done for both sites.
I almost forgot, I put up new posts on each site.

No comments:

Post a Comment